looking forward to release!
A downloadable game
Outnumbered and outgunned in deep space? No problem! Turn bullet hell into bullet heaven with your advanced Schildmaid technology and start collecting dangerous projectiles to power up your ship and score big! But when your shield runs out and danger time kicks in, you better switch up your strategy fast...
Schildmaid MX is a fresh, new and shiny 2D shoot 'em up coming in 2021, in which you pick 1 of 3 ferocious space fighter crafts to wreak havoc on the invasion fleet that threatens your planet. Embark on multiple attack runs and put fear in the hearts of your enemies. The best pilots are immortalized on the online leaderboards!
Schildmaid MX features:
- delicious bullet absorbing scoring mechanics;
- a friendly difficulty curve for beginners in Jaeger Mode;
- instant action and a frantic challenge for veteran shmup players in Krieger Mode;
- a true endless survival gauntlet for the most die hard players in Chimera Mode;
- multiple secret boss fights that activate via specific player actions and achievements;
- 3 selectable ships;
- numerous loops that progressively introduce new enemies and situations across all 3 game modes;
- more than 40 handcrafted stages, spread out over the different game modes;
- automatically saved checkpoints after each cleared stage in Jaeger Mode
- online leaderboards;
- unlockable in-game achievements and titles for your player profile;
- amazingly catchy OST by Ed Tremblay of Studio Mudprints;
- optional proper CRT display emulation for a beautiful, nostalgic look.
Add Schildmaid MX to your Collection to get notified as soon as it releases on November 4th 2021.
Minimum required system specs:
- Dual core CPU
- Intel HD 4000 integrated GPU
- 4 GB RAM
Recommended system specs:
- Quad core CPU
- Dedicated GPU (GTX/Radeon)
- 8 GB RAM
Up to date Windows/macOS/Linux (tested on Ubuntu)
|Updated||16 days ago|
|Made with||Unity, Blender, Bfxr, GIMP, Audacity|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, High Score, Pixel Art, Sci-fi, Shoot 'Em Up, Singleplayer, Space|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||German, English, Japanese, Dutch|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
i cant buy this, is it live yet?
Still in development! We hope to bring you good news in the coming months.
waiting immensely!!!at least the demo now!!success
Found this via Retro Asylum.. Looks beautiful and fun! UN Squadron is one of my favorite shoot em ups too. Would definitely pick this one up if it releases on Switch (and probably for my Mac too if it's able to run it).
Thank you wiedo! Yes, the DANGER state in UN Squadron inspired our core mechanic. And we do have serious plans to release Schildmaid MX on Switch and perhaps other platforms as well.
Mac version will be there from the beginning 👍🏻
If your machine is not too old it should be able to handle it.